Monday, December 7, 2009

Destiny

Destiny...Guess everyone believes in this word to a certain extent. I am the one who believes in this to a very great extent. Since the day I started reading, I have read one thing quite repeatedly which says, either in exact phrases or indirectly, that a person's destiny is written the day he/she is born. Though I am a big believer, I, sometimes,really think 'can this be true?' Does this mean that our life path already exists when we are born and we are bound to follow that path living our lives and are destined to meet all those people with whose path our paths are intersecting!!!
This sounds amazing isn't it? ..That also means that what ever we have been doing right now is all part of a bigger plan of our life...All those people we are meeting during our life are those who while following their life paths are unknowingly intersecting our life path!!! If this is true then I really wonder how many more people would be intersecting my life path while I am walking mine?? Its strange as well as wonderful. As they say that 'we are just puppets whose strings are in hands of the God what ever we do and behave is according to the way our strings are being pulled by him' Does this mean that all those great inventors invented things not cos they decided to do it but cos they were destined?? Does this also mean that all those great rags to riches story are mere the work of destiny?

In that case what about the other thing which I have heard often...'our destiny is in our own hands. We are the creators of our own destiny' Isn't it quite puzzling??

Honestly, I started thinking about this 'funda' quite deeply when I heard about an ex colleague of mine reaching a new height in his professional life. At the same time when I was quite happy for him, I was also thinking that how we both started our career together almost at the same time and how my career got diverted and due to turn of event I had to relocate myself at a distance from my family. Not that I regret the step I had to take but I try to analyse what is there in store for me in future. If they say that I am merely acting my part in life as scripted by the God then I fail to wonder why has it been scripted this way? and why am I supposed to play this part being away from my two small ones who may be needing me at this very moment? Though I know the thing I am doing now or my present situation can not be seen in isolation and its just a small part of greater good of my life, I am in a constant search for that greater good of my life that main purpose of my life which I am fulfilling by playing my present part.....

(to be continued)

No comments: