Sunday, December 13, 2009

Ru(ai)n down the memory lane!!!





As the drops fell on the window pane..
I went down to memory lane.
When I was a cavalier guy..
though quite bold but little shy.
How I used to enjoy this rainy season..
as it was joy for thousand reasons.
Those moments of walking in the water logged street..
sometime wearing slippers or sometimes empty feet.
Those errands with friends up to college..
though it was closed was within our knowledge.
Those moments of fun while getting wet..
and munching those snacks and tea without regret.
I know those moments have passed and will never come back..
but I am happy that this shower has made me live them again!!!


Dubai had a first taste of proper monsoon for the year, this weekend. It was drizzling over the weekend but post midnight it started raining like how it rains back home. It was a nice site to see people on the streets carrying their umbrellas and wearing their jackets in a country when most of the part of the year you can see only sun soaking the streets. However, the rainfall took toll on the traffic in the city. I enjoyed every bit driving in the morning to office taking these pictures and reliving those memories of past, thinking how, back home, people used to make way to their offices in the heavy rains. I really wish that Dubai also should have its share of monsoon. Though not as heavy as we get in India but a small fraction of it is definitely welcome!!!

No comments: